Happy Friday! I hope you are doing well. I wanted to share with you my plan to stay active while on vacation. We will be heading down to Florida next week to spend time with family and I do plan to continue to stay active on a daily basis.
- Get your workouts done first thing in the morning. I find that when traveling, mornings are the best time to get my workouts done. When you workout in the morning you have a lot more time to spend having fun and less time worrying about that workout you have to do.
- Research gyms around the area. Call ahead and see if your hotel has a workout room or for a gym or fitness classes around the area. Groupon always has really good deals on fitness classes. There is a small workout room where we are staying, with some free weights and cardio machines.
- Portable workouts. So what if you can't find a gym nor classes around the area? Bring your favorite workout DVD and you have yourself a workout that you can do anywhere. Some of my personal favorites at the moment are: Zuzkalight Cardio & Yoga and TapouTXT. I plan to bring my jump rope and my gym boss in addition to the DVDs.
- Take advantage of nice sunny days. What's better than running at the beach? You don't have workout DVD's nor a gym near by... if weather permits, go for a run or a morning power walk. You can also plan out activities that require a lot of waking such as hiking!
I have a feeling that I will be doing lots of sharing of meals over Instagram. But I will try to also do a weekly blog post to stay accountable on here. I will also be logging my meals on MFP. The place where we will be staying has a full kitchen, therefore I do plan to cook (at least breakfast & lunch.)
Things to remember:
- fruits and veggies are the best "fast food".
- Search restaurant menus in advance
- Treats in moderation (just like you would at home)
- Avoid fruity cocktails and try to stick to wine or champagne. Drink a glass of water between alcoholic beverages.
- Wear sunscreen.
- Stay hydrated!