Below are a few prepping things I do to simplify my life during the week.
- Prepping vitamins and medication for the week - It is important to me to be on point with my vitamins and medication intakes. In order for me to remember to take them, I have to set them up this way. Also, it saves me time in the morning; opening 20,000 bottles and swallowing a fish oil pill isn't easy. ;o)
- Hard-boiling eggs - I love having hard boiled eggs available to throw on salads or for an "on the go" breakfast for our family. The way that I like to hard boil my eggs is by letting water come to a boil, adding my eggs to the boiling water and leave for 7 minutes. Then turn off the burner and let them sit until water is cold enough for me to take the eggs out.
- Prepping brown rice - I have no problem with the microwaveable brown rice. I simply prefer the taste and texture of short grain brown rice. I am not a fan of cooking short brown rice because it takes nearly an hour to prepare. Therefore, to save me time during the week I like making a big batch of it over the weekend to have readily available to eat during the week. The way that I cook my brown rice is by bringing water to a boil, then add my brown rice to the pot (2 to 1 ratio,)lower the temperature to low, stir, cover pot and set my timer for 45 minutes. When timer goes off, I take the brown rice off the burner. I let it cool for about 5 minutes before taking the cover off the pot and then serve. I do not add any oil or salt to my water. I find that the short grain brown rice contains enough natural oils so in my opinion there is no need for adding anymore.
- Crock-Pot meals - The crock pot is a life saver. I use it to make my soups, stews and even breakfast! I cook my steel cut oats for the week on there.
- Tea - I love to prep my tea in advance. I refrigerate it to add to smoothies (instead of water,) to have as a cold drink with unsweetened almond milk or for an easy preheat should I wish to have it hot. I use my tea kettle to boil my water. I fill my kettle all the way up with water and place in the stove at medium heat until it yells for me. I remove it from the burner and add about 4 tea bags and let it sit for about 10 minutes. I love recycling my Santa Cruz bottles for storing my tea. I throw in cinnamon sticks to my bottles, add my tea and refrigerate. So good!
- Baked Chicken- I bake my chicken in the oven. I take a whole pack of all natural chicken breast, season them, place in the oven for 20-30 minutes (depending on how many) at 400 degrees. After cooling, I cut the chicken into 4oz pieces and freeze. I do this with most of my meats except fish. Makes for easy lunches and dinners during the week.
- Fruits & Vegetalbles - I like to wash and dry my produce as soon as I get them from the grocery store or FullCircle. I also like to pre cut my onions and other vegetables to make it easier on me when prepping dinner, assembling salads or for a quick snack. I try to be really good about this, but I don't always do it.
That's it for now!
What do you do to prep for the week? Share your tips below!