· 6 oz. Chobani 0 % strawberry yogurt
· 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
· 1 organic egg
· 1 cup of spelt flour
· 1/4 cup of almond flour
· 1 cup of thinly diced organic fresh rhubarb (mine is from Full Circle Farms)
· 4 oz sugar added organic apple sauce
· 1 banana (mashed)
· 20 liquid stevia drops (optional)
· 2 tbs of raw agave nectar
· 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1 t. of vanilla extract
· 1 t. of almond extract
· 1/2 t. ground cinnamon
· 1/4 t. ground nutmeg
· 1/4 cup crushed of almonds (to place on top)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 12 cup cupcake tin. In a bowl, stir together the yogurt, agave, coconut oil and egg. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda and salt. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and mix until just blended. Fold in rhubarb. Spoon into the prepared cupcake tin, filling cups at least 2/3 full. Throw crushed almonds on top.
You could use muffin liners, I didn't. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Let them cool for about 15 minutes before removing.
We do a family brunch every Sunday, is something my son looks forward to all week. Do you do a brunch day (s) with your family? If so, what is your "go-to" brunch meal?